Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hey Braley Family....get off the couch and get MOVING!

As some of us Braleys sat around on 12/26/2009 eating yummy food and lots of goodies we brainstormed about keeping each other motivated and creating some type of "Braley biggest loser" program. Many of us wanted to make a few health changes. Here is the plan we came up with and hope many of you can participate! Our family goal is to lose 10% of our body weight by June 1, 2010. I know many of you don't need to lose this much and many of us need to lose A LOT more than 10% but this is going to be our "starting" point. The fantastic & much missed ADAMSON family is coming to Utah on June 2nd. We thought this would be a good goal date. Hopefully we will all be a few pounds lighter and feeling a bit healthier to welcome them for a much anticipated visit.

Here's how the program will work....we debated back and forth, but let's try it this way for the next 5 months and then we can try something different next time.

1. January 1, 2010---- get on your scale, naked, first thing in the AM. Record your weight (for your eyes only) Figure out the 10% that you need to lose.
2. Visit this blog often to keep each other motivated. Sharing dieting/healthy recipes/exercise tips.
3. Once a month we will report on our progress.
4. June 1, 2010---- get back in the SAME scale, naked, first thing in the AM. Compare your weight with the starting weight, jump up and down with JOY because you have lost 10% of your body weight.
5. All of those that lose 10% will have complete bragging rights for a very long time!

7 comments:

  1. Kordel and Heather were over for dinner tonite and i gorded myself with pizza and mac'n cheese....I heard talking about your problem helps as well....so here i am admitting my guilt of letting others know that i'm not off to a good start...but i have been shovling snow all day....maybe that'll even things out...Kordel hardly ate anything...he's trying to keep his girlish figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...it's get off the coUch not coAch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jolynn for setting up the blog. It will be fun to see comments, etc. on here - our own blog!
    When your dad went shopping yesterday, he prided himself on all the cheap bags of candy that were available for his basket of food. Of course I told him that no one in this household needs all that sugar (it wasn't even chocolate - fortunately).
    So I will get on the scale on Jan 1st as you have suggested - and am glad it is a Friday - not a Monday. I hate Monday weigh-ins!
    Looking forward to hearing from all. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good, I will get on the scale Jan 1st. Should we have a reward to the winner! Maybe some Ice Cream, or some other type of goody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in. I am fat and I know I need to change! :) Look forward to seeing less of you all in June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not had any candy this year. Doing good so far. I ate too many homemade rolls. Bread is definitely my weakness.

    ReplyDelete